Thursday, February 26, 2009

Is It Spring Yet?

We have two little triangular garden plots in the back corners of our yard. I'm going to turn them into little veggie EDENS this spring! Yes, I am gung ho about raising my first crops of edible masterpieces, to say the least! I've decided to document the journey from dead winterscape to fruitful (hopefully) harvest. Here are pics of what the gardens look like right now:


Above are the remains of the garden raised by the previous occupants of our home last summer. There were tomato plants and raspberries in this plot. I'm going to try several varieties of tomatoes and a variety of sweet bell peppers over here. Maybe some lettuce too.


These were sunflowers. I'd like to grow melons and pumpkins over the course of the year in this plot.

I have a lot to learn about gardening (basically everything). I'm currently reading The Veggie Gardener's Answer Book and thoroughly enjoying it. I know, I know...I'm a nerd.

1 comment:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Lucky!! I can't wait til we have a place to grow our own vegetables. Love the new background!