Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Many Faces of Hannah and Mia

"Mommy, Mia and Charlotte will ALWAYS be my sisters." This sentence has become one of Hannah's favorite conversation-starters lately. She is so pleased with this new truth she has begun to understand. She is also pleased that no matter how old Mia and Charlotte get, she will always be the oldest. Hannah is learning that no matter what happens in this life, her sisters will be hers forever and ever.

It is an awesome adventure being a mom to two individuals who are so totally different from each other. And, I'm sure that Charlotte will add even more variety to our little family. I love being their mom. It is a dream come true for me. Despite all I still have to learn, I'm enjoying the journey.

Mia is easygoing, but not afraid to voice her opinions (loudly), and so fun to be with. She loves new jokes and silly sounds and new people to smile at. Her favorite place to be is in Mommy's arms. Her least favorite place is in her high chair. She sings already and thinks it's funny when Mommy raises her voice. She thinks any tidbit she finds on the floor (edible or inedible) is fair game for snacking, and she especially loves eating the carpet fuzz that she pulls off of our area rug. Oh, and she's a stealthy grabber. Her methods are polished. She will smile sweetly or look disinterested while using her split-second grabber reflexes to snatch the very thing you just told her she's not supposed to chew on. And, when there's not something around to drool on, her fingers always do the trick.





In addition to being adorably cute, Mia has always been fashion conscious. What can we say, she's a trendsetter!







Our always exuberant Hannah makes sure there is never a dull moment at our house. She has twice the energy of any large metropolis's power grid and curiosity in spades. She amazes us every day with her questions, her insight, her desire to do what is right. She is a ray of sunshine. We love to watch her grow.







Hannah has been trying out some new looks lately. I especially like the silicone-oven-mitts-for-shoes look.







Hannah and Mia adore each other. It's so neat to watch them interact and crack each other up. They are excited every morning to see each other when they wake up. They play well together (for the most part) and Hannah is very conscious of Mia's safety. I hope this closeness will thrive as they get older despite fighting over clothes, make-up, bathroom time and generally getting on each other's nerves.







3 comments:

jill said...

Okay, I haven't seen this one! It is sooooo cute! Tell Hannah Cason wanted to call her last night to apologize (with daddy's prompting) but I told him she was probably already in bed...it was 7:30. Those two....seriously. I love you Lisa! Thanks for the hilarious pics!

Doug Frost said...

I love these pictures of my two favorite nieces. I especially loved the ones of Mia with her fingers in her mouth.
-Love Uncle Doug.

michellecluff said...

oh, lisa marie, your girls are so beautiful! And you are such a great mom to them. We miss you crazy and wish you well in this last bit of prego-ness!!