Hannah became a kindergartner at the end of August. It was an exciting and emotional day. She was excited, I was emotional (and excited for her). It surprised me, because I never imagined I would be one of those moms who cries when their child starts school. I managed to hold it together while I watched her on the playground before the bell rang, but as I watched her disappear into the classroom and I turned to push the stroller home I was choking back tears. I had a good cry when I got home. I think it was the sudden realization that my oldest baby would be in school from now on; that someone else would be with her for a large chunk of the day; that 1st grade was only a year away and then she would be gone all day! It was a lot to think about all at once. Happily, I toughened up after a couple of days. Hannah was the brave one in all of this. Besides a few first-day jitters, she breezed right into Kindergarten. She is doing so well and we are so very proud of her.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Hannah Starts Kindergarten
Hannah became a kindergartner at the end of August. It was an exciting and emotional day. She was excited, I was emotional (and excited for her). It surprised me, because I never imagined I would be one of those moms who cries when their child starts school. I managed to hold it together while I watched her on the playground before the bell rang, but as I watched her disappear into the classroom and I turned to push the stroller home I was choking back tears. I had a good cry when I got home. I think it was the sudden realization that my oldest baby would be in school from now on; that someone else would be with her for a large chunk of the day; that 1st grade was only a year away and then she would be gone all day! It was a lot to think about all at once. Happily, I toughened up after a couple of days. Hannah was the brave one in all of this. Besides a few first-day jitters, she breezed right into Kindergarten. She is doing so well and we are so very proud of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're back!!! That was fun to catch up and all the Frost excitement! The girls are beautiful, and the play looked fantastic! I'm glad you are so happy in your new house... but we sure miss you here!
SO cute!! she is such a sweet girl-- she has BIG plans for herself... she is one talented kindergartner! :)
Post a Comment